Appleblossom Caladium is a showy large fancy leafed variety with shades of pink, green and white. Appleblossom Caladium is a great bulb to add to your shaded garden beds, containers or under tree planting areas. The large leaves have green borders, accented by crimson veins filled in with pink in between. This caladium does best planted in part sun to shade, but will tolerate 4-6 hours of sunlight per day.
Caladium Planting Tips:
- Plant in a part sun to shade location
- Caladium tubers require heat in order to sprout. Plant when soil temperatures are above 55 degrees.
- Water sparingly prior to the caladium tubers sprouting
- Prefer well drained soil that is kept evenly moist.
- Caladium can take 8+ weeks to sprout
- Consider starting caladium tubers in containers if your soil is cool and wet in spring