Do you enjoy vegetable gardening but are limited on space? Look no further than our Vegetable Growing Bag! Perfect for any root vegetable, the Growing Bag can grow potatoes, carrots, onion, radishes and any other root vegetable on a patio, deck, anywhere! The Vegetable Grower Bag is made of a durabel fabric that allows for proper ventilation and drainage. The bag has 2 handles adhered to each side which allows for easy manueverability! Each bag also comes with a large harvest window to be able to check on the progress and health of the plants during the active growing season! Once the growing season is over, simply empty the contents of the bag, wash and store dry.
1. Fill about 1/3 full (6"-8" deep) with a 50/50 mixture of garden moistened soil and compost.
2. Evenly space 4-6 seed or fingerling potatoes and/or pieces ("eyes up" ) and cover with 3 inches of soil.
3. When sprouts have reached 6" tall, mound the soil over the sprouts another 2-3". Continue until the growing bag is full of soil.
4. Water regularly, roughly every 2-3 days during the hot Summer months. Adjust accordingly during cooler days and rainy periods.
5. Once leaves start to wilt and turn yellow, stop watering and wait about 2-3 weeks. Potatoes are ready for harvesting when more than 50% of the leaves have turned yellow.