This pavonine bloom is bursting with color! Red and white double blossoms adorn this beauty!
*Amaryllis start shipping mid to late October. If you have a specific shipping date, please contact us upon placing your order.*
- Amaryllis are typically sold in fall or early winter and should be planted within 2 weeks of receiving or purchasing them.
- If purchased as part of a kit, place soil disk in the provided pot along with warm water. Allow disk to sit in water for approximately five minutes. The disk will begin to expand as it soaks up the water. As it expands, the soil can be "fluffed" with a fork to fill the pot.
- If no soil disk is provided, simply use a nutrient-rich potting soil in any desired pot which is approximately 2" wider and 2" deeper than the diameter of the bulb. Be sure that whichever container is used has adequate drainage as these bulbs do not like to sit wet.
- Plant the bulb so that the pointed end is up and just protruding from the surface of the soil.
- Water well and place in an area of your home which stays warm and receives indirect sunlight.
- Continue to provide water on a weekly basis to keep soil slightly moist but not wet.
- Once blooms have faded, cut off the flower stalk as close to the base as possible. Keep the soil slightly moist and add house plant fertilizer if desired.
- Begin with-holding water in late July or early August and allow the bulb to go dormant and dry out completely in a sunny area. In early fall, remove and clean the bulb of old scales and any remaining dead foliage.
- Re-pot plant whenever desired to restart the growing process.